UGC NET-2020 and JEE (Advanced) dates to be announced soon : MHRD
New Delhi: During the interaction with students across the country during a webinar, Union HRD Minister announced the dates of pending entrance examinations.
He informed that JEE (Advance) may be held in August . He said that the date of UGC NET 2020 examinations will be announced soon.
Regarding the examination in Universities, UGC in consultation with MHRD have issued the guidelines. The guidelines can be accessed on UGC website. In reference to examinations, major recommendations are as follows –
- Maintaining the sanctity of academic expectations and integrity of examination process, the universities may adopt alternative and simplified modes and methods of examinations to complete the process in shorter period of time in compliance with CBCS requirements as prescribed by UGC from time to time
- For intermediate semester/year students, the universities may conduct examinations, after making a comprehensive assessment of their level of preparedness, residential status of the students, and status of COVID-19 pandemic spread in different regions / state and other factors.
- In case the situation does not appear to be normal in view of COVID-19, in order to maintain social distancing, safety and health of the students, grading of the students could be composite of 50% marks on the basis of the pattern of internal evaluation adopted by the universities and the remaining 50% marks can be awarded on the basis of performance in previous semester only (if available). The internal evaluation can be continuous evaluation, prelims, mid-semester, internal evaluation or whatever name is given for student progression.
- If the student wishes to improve the grades, he/she may appear in special exams for such subjects during next semester.
- Timeline of examinations – Conduct of Examinations:
- (i) Terminal Semester/ Year – 01.07.2020 to 15.07.2020
- (ii) Intermediate Semester/Year – 16.07.2020 to 31.07.2020
The Minister highlighted that the admissions to the UG and PG programmes for the session 2020-21 may be completed by 31.08.2020. If necessity arises, provisional admissions may also be made and relevant documents of qualifying examination may be accepted up to 30.09.2020. The Academic Session 2020-21 may commence from 01.8.2020 for old students and from 01.09.2020 for fresh students. More details can be obtained from the UGC website.