It is said that all competitive exams are tough to crack but those for engineering fall into a whole different category and pattern of difficult. Apart from doing well in junior college, a student has to attend classes at a coaching institute to help prepare for these exams, and then do really well in both. This is followed by the anxiety of getting a seat in the ‘right’ college, stream and program.
Aiming to eliminate this very stress and pressure, and to set students on the path to success earlier, NMIMS’ Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering (MPSTME) set up the B.Tech Integrated (BTI) full-time program in 2014-2015. Established with extensive inputs from both industry and academia, it is an alternative path to studying engineering directly after Grade 10. With a stream-specific solid foundation in applied sciences, followed by in-demand specializations such as the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, System Security, among others, this distinctive six-year, 12-semester program sets its young students on a platform that is a cut above the rest right from the first semester.
The Legacy Behind the Learning: The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) was established in 1981 to meet the growing demand for management education and in 2003, was declared a Deemed to be University.
With a legacy of 40 years, NMIMS is one of the top-10 B-schools in India, and has emerged as a multi-disciplinary, multi-campus University with 17 constituent schools that include Management, Engineering, Family Business, Pharmacy, Architecture, Commerce, Economics, Law, Science and Liberal Arts, among others. NMIMS also has nine Centres of Excellence.
NMIMS has more than 17,000 students and about 750+ full-time faculty members; 10 faculty members at the University are Fulbright and Humboldt International Scholars.
With a dream of fulfilling the requirement of both Engineering and Management, the MPSTME was established in 2006 as a constituent school of SVKM’s NMIMS University.
The Leading Edge of Education: Today, while engineers are reskilling to improve their learning curve to stay relevant, the specializations in this program offer students a huge advantage to begin with. The curriculum is reviewed annually with industry and academic inputs to ensure that it is relevant to the current market.
Streams: Mechanical, Computer and Electronics &Telecommunication
Stream specializations from the 4th year on:
- Mechanical Engineering (60 Seats)
Specializations: Design & Manufacturing, Automation and Artificial Intelligence
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (60 Seats )
Specializations: Internet of Things, Network Security
- Computer Engineering (180 Seats)
Specializations: Artificial Intelligence, System Security
- No hassle of competitive entrance exams
- First two years: core- and stream-specific foundation applied sciences
- Stream-specific core courses and electives in the next three years
- End-to-end experience of applying theoretical skills to practice in final year
- Two semesters of In-plant Training
- Student Portal – Online Learning Management System.
- More than 25 professional chapters and committees on campus with more than 200 events through the year.
- Life skills’ training a vital part of the program.
- A one-of-its-kind program currently conducted only at the University’s Mumbai campus
- Hostel facility for outstation candidates
- The Candidate must have passed the grade 10 examination (any board including IB) or its equivalent, by securing 70% of aggregate marks in subjects General Sciences and Mathematics OR Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Dr. Seema Shah, Program Director, MPSTME says, “Kick-start your engineering career with specializations in our B.Tech Integrated Program here at MPSTME. Learn and enjoy the engineering journey, away from the rat race, apply your theory to practice in the industry for two semesters and hone your skills to build your dreams.”
Staying relevant in the ever-evolving technological space and the engineering industry is even more essential now than ever before. And this unique B.Tech Integrated program ensures the all-round development of students, grooming them into a highly-skilled, industry-ready, in-demand workforce.
Source: PR Newswire