RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, returns to the Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) region for its 8th year. With public health and safety as top priority, RSA Conference has decided to reimagine its annually sought-after event into a global virtual learning experience.
The Conference will run from July 15 to 17, 2020, during Singapore business hours (GMT+8), to deliver three full days of free virtual learning experiences with some of the cybersecurity industry’s most forward-thinking leaders. A comprehensive agenda line-up awaits attendees, from speaker-led sessions & keynotes to interactive, hands on learning breakouts and networking time with peers and experts.
With the commitment to ensure that the cybersecurity community stays connected and continues the important dialog on cybersecurity no matter the format, the decision to move the annual physical event online will ensure that RSA Conference can continue to shape and support the industry and engage a broader audience.
“The health and safety of our attendees is of primary importance, and offering RSA Conference 2020 APJ as a virtual learning experience this year was a decision we made to help ensure the cybersecurity community stays connected with access to a platform for continual learning and exchanging of best practices during this time of social distancing. Cybersecurity is more important than ever, and we want to continue the dialog no matter the format,” said Linda Gray Martin, Senior Director and General Manager, RSA Conference.
“I am incredibly excited about the program we’ve put together and the experience that our attendees will have. We are also very grateful to the many speakers who are joining us from across the globe to share their expertise and help our attendees chart the next steps in their cybersecurity journey.”
First-look at Conference Highlights
Attendees can look forward to the wide range of topics and tracks covering the latest cybersecurity developments, relevant to the APJ region, and beyond. They will also be able to network with cybersecurity experts in interactive discussions, no matter where they may be located.
Program highlights include:
- Inspiring Keynotes with Experts
Participants will hear from an exciting line up including Rohit Ghai, President, RSA, Ann Johnson, Corporate Vice President Cybersecurity Solutions Group, Microsoft, George Takei, Author, Performer and Activist, and Hugh Thompson, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference.
- Ask the Expert Roundtable: Forced Digital Transformation and the Realities to ICS/OT Cybersecurity
In this interactive small group roundtable discussion with Robert Lee, CEO, Dragos, Inc., participants can learn about forced digital transformation and the realities to the current ICS/OT cybersecurity landscape.
- Cloud Safeguarding: View from Cloud Providers Expert Panel Discussion
Experts explore how enterprises can be more effective in safeguarding cloud infrastructure, even as they continue to rely on public cloud services, by establishing clear lines of responsibility and managing identities in the cloud.
This session features:
- Abbas Kudrati, Chief Cybersecurity Advisor, Cybersecurity Solutions Group, Microsoft
- Mark Johnston, APAC Head of Security, Google
- Myles Hosford, Head of Security Architecture ASEAN, Amazon Web Services
- Britta Glade, Director, Content & Curation, RSA Conference
- Capture the Flag series
An all-time favorite from past RSAC APJ conferences, these hands-on interactive learning experiences are designed for all levels, from novice to advanced professionals. Participants will be exposed to compelling simulations to better understand the current challenges in the cybersecurity landscape:
- SANS Core NetWars Tournament 6 – A premiere cyber-range challenge that exposes participants to the latest technologies and attack methods that enterprises are faced with today, including web application firewall hardening, multi-factor authentication bypass and PowerShell challenges
- Hack the Plan[e]t – Experience a slice of modern city life integrating both Internet of Things (IoT) and ICS environments with interactive components for competitors to test their skills and knowledge
- Supply Chain – A race against adversaries to find strategies that balance efficiency and resilience to beat competitors by practicing new cyber-supply chain approaches in simulated organizations
- Network with Cybersecurity Experts and Other Attendees
After track sessions, participants can move over to a Slido room to continue the discussion. Additionally, real-time Ask the Experts Zoom room discussions are available to provide avenues for further conversations and deep dives.
“RSAC strives to be a resource and platform that encourages relevant and timely exchange of ideas, new knowledge, and discussion on what’s on the horizon, facilitated through global speakers sharing their first-hand experiences and perspective,” explained Britta Glade, Director of Content & Curation, RSA Conference.
“There is content for everyone, from e-fraud and the threat landscape to cloud and IoT to identity and privacy to risk management and governance, and we are looking forward to welcoming all our virtual attendees to be an active part of RSAC 2020 APJ.”
Source: Business Wire India